External Damp & Mould Survey
General state of repair of the property - evidence of poor maintenance, often the source of water ingress and penetration into a property, including:
- Brickwork, rendering & mortar
- Roof - condition of roof tiles or flat roofs
- Downpipes & guttering
- Flashing around chimney stacks and in adjoining elements
- Damp proof membrane - any evidence of missing, breached or faulty DPM
- Waste pipes
- Outside doors
- Window units (paying particular attention to double glazed units and any lack of ventilation)
- Air bricks - check for blockages
- Measurement of moisture, humidity and temperature in all building materials with hi-tech measurement equipment. This will confirm the conditions in the property as either damp and at risk of mould contamination, or dry and comfortable living conditions.
Internal Damp & Mould Survey
Internally, our specialists will check for visible damp conditions and evidence of mould contamination.
Damp and mould will often be concealed within the building structure - for example in cavities, under floorboards and behind skirting boards.
Wherever mould is evident, there is usually much more of it hidden within the building structure. At Rainbow SW Wales, we employ a wide range of sophisticated technical equipment to identify and analyse the contamination in these hidden areas, such as Endoscopes and Borescopes with attached inspection cameras which allow a detailed internal visual inspection in hard to access areas, without major disruption or damage to the building and its contents/décor.
Damp & Mould Removal in SW Wales At a Glance...
Following the professional damp & mould survey, a full report will be issued to the landlord, homeowner, plumber or other instructing party, which will provide a complete analysis of the causes of damp and mould, and a course of a removal action plan will be proposed which will eradicate the problem, by getting rid of the mould. However, the damp that causes the mould also needs to be eradicated so our programme will also suggest ways of getting rid of the damp.
Services Rainbow SW Wales offers within damp & mould removal:
- Washing, spraying or fogging of the affected areas with an appropriate anti-microbial will sanitise the contaminated surfaces
- Removal of plaster and wood where contamination is severe or dry/wet rot has taken hold
- Redecorating following cleaning and sanitisation
- Air Manager - an air sterilisation unit which will kill all airborne spores released from mould infestation can be deployed if necessary
- Installation of drying equipment regime - a combination of dehumidifiers, airmovers & heaters will be deployed to ensure moisture and relative humidity levels are consistent with healthy living conditions
- Monitoring of drying regime - to guarantee suitable damp free conditions are maintained
- Installation of appropriate ventilation systems (if appropriate)
- Stripping out and replacing of units and building materials that have been affected beyond repair by the damp or mould
- Sign off/ handover - following treatment and drying of the property, a certificate will be issued which will confirm the home is conductive to a healthy living environment and is free from damp and mould