Rainbow SW Wales have a number of technicians within the network who are trained to carry out Notifiable Non Licensed Work (NNLW) of asbestos removal. These technicians are required to attend annual training courses, carry a photo card ID and are also regulated under HSE guidelines.
Under NNLW guidelines from CAR12 regulations, we only deal with chrysolite; and not crocidolite or amosite.
Chrysolite (white asbestos) can be found in cement, vinyl or thermoplastic floor tiles, textured coating (i.e artex) and bitumen.
Asbestos Testing and Removal in South West Wales at a Glance...
- All operatives will have suitable and sufficient training to carry out notifiable non-licensed work (NNLW)
- All operatives will have the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which includes:
- Disposable overalls with hood
- Boots without laces
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE)
- Latex Gloves
- Exclusion zones will be established in the work area, and suitable warning signage will be erected
- Unless otherwise stated, waste will be removed from site in the work van
- this waste will be double bagged/wrapped in 500 gauge polythene and placed in secure locked compartments within the van
- After completion of the work, the area shall be left in a clean, tidy condition
- A visual inspection and appropriate air test(s) as required will be completed